Monday, November 12, 2012

His Hands On the Wheel



       Our UCM Chaplin once told us a story that still amazes me whenever I hear it. In college, she drove to an off-campus church on Sundays. She didn’t have much money to pay for gas and other expenses. One Sunday she looked at her tank, realizing she was almost completely out of gas, and began to worry. Desperate and uncertain, she prayed, asking God to help her get safely home. She started up her car, driving down the street, and her fuel meter began to rise as she drove. She reached where she needed to be.
Think of a time where God has helped you through an unlikely circumstance. Then, read 1 Kings 17:1-6.
        Ravens fed Elijah. I can’t even imagine just sitting outside and watching ravens hand deliver (or rather claw deliver) my nourishment. Sometimes we forget what God is capable of, of what power He possesses over our world. The Bible is full of His miracles, but do we still look for them today? When things work out, do we thank God or let it go like it was no big deal?
          This weekend I had to work Saferide (a van service that ensures safe transportation for students during the night). I wasn’t too excited about it. In my past experience receiving calls, I had been screamed at more than once and unappreciated for the work I put forth. Unhappy to go through the same mistreatment all over again, I began to stress about working. Before I left, I said a short prayer, asking God to help me get through it and push past the negativity. When I came to Saferide, some of the drivers were missing so the leader informed us that we would have to end early. Also, instead of answering the phones, I recorded students’ information. Although this wasn’t a momentous experience, I knew God had heard me and therefore provided for me.  
Think about any doubts you have about schoolwork, relationships, work, etc. Do you believe God will deliver those needs? After considering this question, please end in your own prayer or the one below.
Dear God, You are my fortress when I am weak. I find comfort in knowing that You will always provide for me and Your love is so much stronger than my faults. Lord, I want to thank You for all You have done in my life and will continue to do. I don’t deserve Your love or grace, but I am so thankful that You still do anyways. In Your Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment