Friday, October 19, 2012

When Words Fail


Read Jeremiah 1:4-8—
“The Lord said: ‘Jeremiah, I am your Creator and before you were born, I chose you to speak for me to the nations.’
 I replied, ‘I’m not a good speaker, Lord, and I’m too young.’
‘Don’t say you’re too young,” the Lord answered. ‘If I tell you to go and speak to someone, then go! And when I tell you what to say, don’t leave out a word! I promise to be with you, and keep you safe, so don’t be afraid.’”
                When doubts arise in our faith, it is usually due to fear, and whether we realize it or not, mistrust in God. Even though we know in the back of our minds that nothing is impossible through God, we still worry.
                Reflect on a time that you felt God leading you one way, but you didn’t follow.


Read Exodus 4: 1-13.  
Moses was also a biblical doubter when God asked him to speak to the Egyptians. In verses 10-13, Moses complains about God’s command, asking Him to send someone else. Now, when God asks us to do something, He will never force us to carry out those actions. He gave us free will and He would never take away that right. When Moses asked God to send someone else, although God was unhappy by this disobedience, God sent Moses’ brother, Aaron to speak. God still provides for us even when we go against Him. Please end in the prayer below or a prayer of your own.
Dear God, You are so mighty and so loving. Lord, when You ask me to follow You, I pray that You give me the strength to follow through. I pray that You help me focus on Your strength instead of my own fear in hard situations. Work in me so that I can spread Your love and grace to all I come into contact with. In Your Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment