Monday, October 1, 2012

Plans Change, But His Love Doesn't

For as long as I can remember, I have been a planner. From planning what my schedule would be months in advance to planning out what to say to my crush the next day, I have always tried to be ready for anything that came my way. My parents always taught me that it was better to be prepared and ready than spontaneous and disorganized. As a result, I have always liked everything working out the way I envisioned it to; however life doesn’t always provide this order I desire.
Last semester I decided that I wanted to study abroad to Australia. Months before the application was due, I filled everything out, received letters of recommendation and sent transcripts. When I submitted my application, I felt confident in my placement and I was excited for the chance to go overseas. However last week I received an email telling me that I hadn’t gotten into any of the Australian schools I applied for. Not only did disappointment result, but also anger because of the sudden change in plans.
Reflect on a time that your life changed without your control. How did you deal with the change?
One of my favorite verses, Proverbs 16:9 says, “We make our own plans, but the Lord decides where we go” (CEV). This verse always helps me refocus my attitude about being prepared all the time. God is always directing us, always steering us to places we never expect to end up. What is important for us as Christians is that we trust Him as we go through uncertain parts of our lives. God loves us and wants the best for us; therefore He provides for us. Matthew 6:26 (CEV) says, “Look at the birds in the sky! They don’t plant or harvest. They don’t even store grain in barns. Yet your Father in heaven takes care of them. Aren’t you worth more than birds?” We have to remind ourselves of how much God values us and will provide for us.
Please listen to the video below and think about how much God cares for you.

The verse, “I know that You are for me/ I know that You will never forsake me in my weakness” reflects how much our Savior is on our side and wants what is best for us. God knows what path is best for you and He may lead you in ways that seem uncertain, but He will never leave your side. The next time life throws a whirlwind of confusion your way, know that God is with you and will always be ‘for you.’ Please end in the prayer below, or one of your own.
Dear God, there are so many times that I feel lost and confused about my life, but help me remember to look to You in those times. Give me the strength to accept the things in my life I can’t control and help me find comfort with the path You lead me. God, I know that You are for me, and I know that You are always present. Please let me never lose sight of that. In Your Name, Amen.   

No comments:

Post a Comment