Sunday, December 9, 2012

Never Giving Up

Please read Psalm 31:24, 1 Corinthians 13:7, and Romans 12:12.


             God doesn’t give up on us, which is a concept that can be hard to grasp. In our society we treat people “as they deserve.” If they’re cruel to us, we are entitled to be cruel back and vice versa. However the God of the universe wants us, even though we are creatures that curse Him, go against His will and forget Him. How much love must our Father have towards us if He refuses to give up on us?
                I think something to consider, however, is how often do we give up on God? When we pray for days, weeks, months, even years and nothing has changed, what do we do? Do we even make it to months or years? For me, one of the hardest parts of being a Christian is not being able to physically see God. It’s easier to avoid or forget someone that you can’t physically see. You can’t bump into them on the street. You don’t get a phone call from them when they haven’t heard from you in a while. It’s easier to give up.
Reflect on what areas of your faith that you give up easily in. Then, end in prayer.
Dear God, I thank You for all You have done for me. Thank you for never giving up on me even when I didn’t deserve Your patience. I pray that You help me stay patient in my faith and grow to love You deeper. Lord, You know what is in store for me and I pray that I came to You through every storm and every sunny day. In Your Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment